Many people after a couple of failed attempts to get an indoor plant firmly believe that this is not their topic. But if there’s a will left, we need to figure out why you failed. The living conditions are tough enough to test for our green pets. They are silent, and the depth of the problem we see is not immediate. To prevent this from happening, let us learn not to make mistakes that can lead to the death of the plant.
Initially, you need to understand that the flower – is alive! As well as you the one needs comfortable conditions for life, he wants to «eat» and he needs to pay attention and care. Sometimes we’re too impatient…
1. Wrong choice of plant. Do not take too complicated in the care and maintenance of flowers. Buy the most unpretentious plants: Sanseveria, Krassula (money tree), Philodendron, Aglaonemu, Hamedorea, various molasses, Zamiokulkas, Spatifillum, Touch-me-not. These plants are adaptable and do not require any special conditions.
It’s not just the knowledge of the plant, think about the room in which you plan to put the flower. It has a variety of environments, from a shady, hallway and bathroom, to a sunny window sill. Every room will have the perfect house, but only with the right plant. Therefore, before making a choice, study the various varieties available and find out how they suit you.
2. Violation of quarantine. Do not put a new plant next to your other pets. Not quarantined for a month and treated with fungicides newcomers, can significantly affect the final number of permanent residents, bringing the infection on themselves.
3. The capacity of the pot does not correspond to the root system of the flower. Do not plant the flower in the «huge dwelling for life». The pot should not be too tight or spacious. In the first case, the roots will be cramped and the plant will not receive adequate nutrition, so it will not be able to fully develop. And second, water flowing through the container will not be useful and there is a threat to flood the plant. It is very important to consider what root system your «recruit» has. In succulents and cacti, the roots are small on the surface and do not bloom in a large pot.
4. Insufficient or excessive watering. Trying to do the best for our indoor plants, many of us try to pour more water. We may think that the plant lacks moisture. Often, opening the problem, the roots have rotted. In everything, you need to know the measure. People are different too, someone loves water very much, someone enough and a couple of sips. Cyperus, ferns love water, frequent and abundant spraying, and the mileage Zanzibar Gem or Crown-of-Thorns does not need frequent watering. In order not to flood your pets, use the drizzle or soil moisture indicator. You will certainly appreciate the work of these miracle tools.
5. Transplant procedure. When transplanting plants, we are also not immune to errors. Improperly selected soil can slowly kill the plant. Not timely transplantation during the rest period or damage to the roots when moving to another tank may become fatal. All this strongly affects the condition of the flower. Lack of drainage is also fatal. As a drain, ceramic is usually used, it absorbs excess water and with it, aeration of the roots of the plant is better, as it is a light and porous natural material. It is also better to change when transplanted with soil.
6. Fertilizing plants. Depriving plants of fertilizers or applying incorrect, we condemn them to slow extinction. Also, excessive use can negatively affect the flower in general. Can even cause death. It is important to remember that after transplantation, you should not fertilize the plant for 6-8 weeks, because the new soil has all the necessary trace elements. It is necessary to feed once every 7-10 days from March to October, following the instructions on the package. «Feed» your pets with specialized fertilizers, it will simplify your life. 7. Prevention and treatment. The most competent care is not a guarantee against diseases and attacks of various insects. Just because the naked eye can’t see them doesn’t mean they’re missing. Periodically inspect the plants for any spots, secretions, or lesions, especially in the off-season. Support with anti-stress drugs after transplant or crown formation. Carry out prophylaxis fungicides and wash the leaves under the shower, especially in the warm season when all the windows are open indoors. If the plant is still sick, insecticides to help you or consult our specialist.