Over the years, we have heard about so many health benefits that mustard oil adds to our life. From keeping your heart healthy to providing you with necessary respiratory congestions, mustard oil has shown versatility. But do you know mustard oil is also beneficial for hair growth?
Just go to the internet and do a quick research. You will find info about mustard oil solving plenty of hair-related problems people are facing, from hair fall to dandruff. You will find hundreds of youtube videos where women are showing how to use mustard oil for healthy scalp and hair growth. Using the best mustard oil can help you reverse hair loss and dandruff, and return you back.
Science has proven that mustard oil indeed has some properties that can reverse hair fall and facilitate hair growth. Ayurveda has shown plenty of its uses to treat several issues, including hair-related problems.
But how exactly Mustard oil is helping to regrow hair and fight hair fall and dandruff, we are going to discuss in this article. Keep reading to know more about how to use this ingredient to boost your hair care routine.
Mustard oil for hair
Ingredient type: Mustard oil has anti-inflammatory and hydrating properties. Better for your scalp health.
Primary benefit: It hydrates your hair scalp for better health of your hair. Its antibacterial and antifungal properties promote hair growth and protect from any fungal infection.
Who can use it: Mustard oil is beneficial for anyone who is struggling with hair issues. Anyone looking to improve their scalp health, promote hair growth, fight dry scalp and dandruff can go for mustard oil. But sometimes, you can face irritation. SO it is better to proceed with caution.
How frequently one can use it: you can use it once a month or a week depending upon the issues you are facing.
You can mix it with other oil like coconut oil and then apply it. You can also mix some other ingredients to it as you prefer. Just do not overdo it.
Benefits of mustard oil on hair:
Nutrients present in Mustard oil:
The best mustard oil is full of nutrients for hair growth and other health benefits.
- Rich in antioxidants
- Omega 3s and omega 6s fatty acids.
- Vitamin B and E
- Minerals such as iron, ZInc, etc
These nutrients have helped mustard oil become immensely beneficial for a healthy body and hair. Now we are discussing how mustard oil is promoting a healthy scalp and hair.
- Reduces inflammations: Omega 3s and 6s fatty acids and antioxidants act as antiinflammatory. It also provides essential nutrients to the scalp and hair follicle.
- Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties: Mustard oil has anti-parasitic properties that effectively fight against a particular type of Demox mite found in the scalp. Mustard oil is also competent in addressing hair issues like dandruff and seborrhea.
- Overall hair appearance: Mustard oil helps in smoothing split ends and gives your hair a glossy look. Thus your hair looks naturally healthy.
- Promoting hair growth: Due to the anti-inflammatory property, the best mustard oil is very effective in fighting against dandruff and dry scalp. It can prevent hair shedding and intense hair loss induced by inflammation. Thus, mustard oil helps to grow healthy hair. Antioxidants and vitamins present in the best mustard oil provide nutrients to the hair follicles to promote effective hair growth.
Mustard oil is beneficial for every hair type but the case is not the same for all skin types. Some skins can face redness, stinging, and even burning from mustard oil. This is because of some skin irritating compounds present in mustard oil such as allyl thiocyanate and erucic acid. It is advisable to avoid using too much mustard oil. Those who have sensitive skin must be extremely cautious before using mustard oil. Consulting a doctor before applying is highly recommended.
Though science has conducted multiple studies to show the benefits of the best mustard oil for healthy hair, it never suggested the best way to use it.
Ways of using mustard oil for better hair and scalp.
- You can try a quick oiling technique. Take one or two teaspoons of mustard oil on your palm, and then massage it onto your scalp. Keep massaging for five minutes immediately before shampooing.
- Another way is to take the same amount of oil in your palm and gently massage it and let it sit for half an hour. In this method, it is better if you combine it with another oil and then apply it. Coconut oil is a good option. It will minimize the irritation caused by mustard oil, and also provide you added benefits of the second oil. Make sure you use the best mustard oil for optimum benefit.
- Another popular way of availing the benefits of mustard is using a tincture made of mustard seeds powder instead of using mustard oil. Mix ¼ teaspoon of mustard seed powder with 2 ounces of water. Then apply the mixture onto your scalp. Thus you can avail yourself of the benefits of mustard oil without enduring skin irritations.
- Another very popular method is using a mustard oil hair mask. Take one tablespoon of Mustard oil, Almond oil, Jojoba oil and mix it. Then warm it a little bit in the microwave for 10s. Then apply the mixture onto your hair from the scalp to the end. Leave it for the next 30 minutes before washing it in warm water.
Apply this mustard oil hair mask once a month. I ensure you will start witnessing benefits from the first day. Applying the best mustard oil is a must for better results.
Conclusion: Mustard oil has proven benefits for hair growth and fighting hair problems such as Dandruff, Dry scalp, hair fall, etc. When applied correctly, it will moisturize your scalp and nourish the roots of your hair.
The best mustard oil is rich in nutrients and minerals that your hair follicles desperately need. Mustard oil also helps to reduce irritation on your scalp because of its antibacterial and antifungal properties. But, if you are facing any skin-related issues, consult a doctor before using it.